I am running for Virginia State Delegate/Senator. Can I apply?
I am running for local election. Can I apply?
- At this time, NWPC-VA is endorsing in state level races which include House of Delegates, State Senate, Governor, Lt. Governor, and Attorney General.
What are the basic criteria for endorsement?
To apply, you must:
- identify as female;
- support full reproductive rights, including abortion;
- support certification and publication of the Equal Rights Amendment as the 28th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution;
- support legislation that provides increased access to childcare and other dependent care programs;
- have met all the requirements and has been declared an official candidate by the Virginia Department of Elections.
What makes the NWPC-VA so special?
- We are committed to getting more women in elected and appointed positions in Virginia.
- NWPC-VA represents membership from across the commonwealth. We offer access to a highly motivated, resourceful, and connected membership.
- We offer programming, mentorship, resources and community to endorsed candidates.
- Endorsed candidates receive a 12 month free membership that begins on their endorsement date.
Is there a deadline to apply?
- General election deadline: August 18, 2023 at 11:59PM ET.
- If you already applied to be considered in the primary race, you do not need to reapply for the general.
What happens after I apply?
- You will receive an email notification confirming we received your application and a notice of endorsement within 10 business days.
How will I know if I have been endorsed?
- When you fill out the application, it is important to provide your best email and phone number where we can reach you. We will send you a notification by email.
How does the endorsement process work?
- After receiving your application, we will confirm you have met required criteria and answered all questions.
- The Endorsement Committee then recommends candidates to the NWPC-VA Board for endorsement.
- The NWPC-VA Board votes to endorse.
- Applicants are notified.
- We create social media graphics to share on social media.
- Our community rallies behind our endorsed candidates!
How does NWPC-VA make a decision to endorse in the General Election?
- After the candidate applies, the application goes through review to make sure the candidate meets all criteria for endorsement.
- The Endorsement Committee presents recommended applicants candidates to the Board for final approval.
I had been endorsed by NWPC-VA endorsement before redistricting, do I need to re-apply for the upcoming November 7, 2023 election?
- Yes! Because of redistricting, this election cycle brings opportunities and challenges for incumbents and candidates. ALL candidates must apply regardless of past status.
If I receive a primary election endorsement from NWPC-VA, do I have to re-apply for the general endorsement?
- No. all applicants that applied at the primary level do not have to apply again for the general election.
Why didn’t I receive an NWPC-VA endorsement?
- As stated in the NWPC-VA Standing Rules and Endorsement Policy, we reserve the right not to endorse a candidate. For instance, if a candidate does not meet our criteria, we reserve the right not to endorse until the general election.
I didn’t apply during my primary. Now that I won, may I apply for the General election endorsement?
Do I have to advertise the endorsement?
- YES! Part of our agreement is that you publicly acknowledge our endorsement. We will provide you with a special graphic to use in your social media channels.
I need more information. Who should I contact?
- Feel free to reach out to VP of Endorsements - Katherine White at 703-597-2047 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.